IE Business School has announced the fifteen finalists of the first edition of its Prize for Economic Journalism in Asia. Entries for the competition comprised 130 articles, reports, interviews and other media formats from more than 60 media organizations in the region. The competition is sponsored by CAF- Development Bank of Latin America.
The entries that have made it through to the finals of this first edition of the competition were published by media from China, the Philippines, Thailand, India, Pakistan and Singapore, where the business press is continuously exploring issues related not only to the global economy, but also the economies of Spain and Latin America. The overriding aim of the competition is to increase the flow of economic information between Asia and the Latin America region in order to forge closer economic links and interests.
Prize giving ceremony – June 20, Casa de América
The judges’ panel that will select the winning entries is comprised mainly of journalists from América Economía, El País, CNN Expansión and International Herald Tribune, along with business experts from IE Business School and CAF – Development bank of Latin America. Further members of the panel include organizations like International Enterprise Singapore, other companies operating in the region like Brightstar and Finnair, and Saudi Arabia’s Effat University.
The prize giving ceremony will take place on June 20 at the Casa de América building in Madrid. The event will also include the presentation of the prizes for the second edition of the IE Business School Prize for Economic Journalism in Latin America.
FINALISTS OF THE FIRST EDITION OF THE IE BUSINESS SCHOOL PRIZE FOR ECONOMIC JOURNALISM IN ASIA
- Tehelka (India) “Our BRIC mindset will ruin us” Karan Mehrishi
- Dawn (Pakistan) “Democratisation of capital” Aftshan Subohi
- Forbes (India) “Bric countries hit a wall” Shisihr Prasad, Dinesh Narayanan and Pravin Palande
- The Straits Times (Singapore) “Latin America beckons for Singapore firms” Himaya Quasem
- Business World (Philippines) “Philippines told to invest” Diane Claire J. Jiao
- SME Times (India) “Export diversification: where we are lacking” Bikky Khosla
- SME Times (India) “High taxes for the “super-rich” a poor idea” Bikky Khosla
- China Daily (China) “Deeper sino-latin American trade cooperation urged” Li Jiabao
- The Strait times (Singapore) “Singaporeans wanted in Latin America” Melissa Tan
- Berita Harian (Singapore) “More executives to be trained for the Latin American market” Oleh Norhaiza
- Business Times (Singapore) “Manpower push for firms expanding in Latin America” Malminderjit Singh
- Live Mint (India) “India needs a restart” V. Anantha Nageswaran
- Strait Times (Singapore) “Mexico means opportunity, says President Calderon” Himaya Quasem
- The Economic Times (India) “Corporate chiefs on how they survived their greatest crisis” Dibeyendu Ganguly
- Bangkok Post. (Thailand) “Good soil or good fertilizer? Nanchanok Wongsamuth