There are many ways to use your lunch break. Forbes recently published a list about it and I would like to benchmark it with the upcoming IE lunch events:
1. Make a plan – definitely!
2. Take a real break – yes!
3. Get up from your desk or work space – no doubt about it
4. Eat – food provided!
5. Enjoy your food – how do you best enjoy your food? In company…
6. Do what you can’t do in the morning or evening – you have to be at the office at a certain time, but don’t know when to leave. So, lunch is your only ‘secure’ time for off-office activities
7. Use the time to connect with someone new – promised!
8. Catch up with old friends – you can bring your friends!
9. Engage in activities that will help you re-energize – we will show you something that will motivate you for a long time
10. Network – up to you…
11. Don’t get stuck in a routine – sure you won’t
12. Avoid all screens – re-edit: avoid almost all screens
13. Don’t take too long or too short of a break – one hour is just right
So, as long as you’re interested and keen to further your career you have 13 reasons to join our upcoming IE Lunch & Learn events. All events are held at The Executive Centre, Ocean Financial Centre (Level 40), Raffles Place in Singapore from 12noon to 1pm.
Global MBA+ / Executive MBA+
October 23, 2012
Global Executive MBA / IE Brown Executive MBA
October 31, 2012
Masters in Finance
November 6, 2012
Hope to see you there!